Ever thought if you could play/pause the video being played on your system by just raising your hand? If yes, then this is possible with Flutter. Flutter is an application for both Mac And Windows that allows you to control your Windows Music Player, Winamp, VLC, iTunes, Spotify, etc. through hand gestures. The technique takes benefit of your webcam to sense your hand.
What You Require To Use Flutter :
- A PC with Windows or Macintosh installed.
- A webcam, either external or the Laptop’s internal webcam.
- A supported media player, full list is given on the official website.
Technique Behind Flutter :
A webcam attached to your system monitors you all the time when the Flutter app is running. The Flutter app always waits for a signal from your webcam that shows an open hand, more precisely a signal we use for stop. Whenever it notices your hand up in the air it sends a signal to the CPU to start/stop the play. See the below image to see what exactly happens.
ALSO SEE : How To Change Windows 7 Boot Screen
How To Use Flutter :
- Just install the Flutter app from their official site.
- Run the app and start an audio or a video file in any one of the supported media player.
- Make sure your webcam is working properly and just raise your hand in front of your webcam.