Blogger Sitemap Generator is a tool that allows you to generate sitemaps for a blogger blog, that can then be submitted to Google Webmaster Tools or any other service where you can submit sitemaps. Just fill in your blog’s URL and the exact number of posts on your blog, then the tool will generate all the sitemaps that are necessary to be submitted to search engines to get all your posts indexed.
Is There a Need for Submitting Sitemaps ?
Sometimes the search bots gets no way to reach some of your content. This may be due to lack of pages linking to that content. Sitemaps give a way for search engines to index your pages in a better way.
The tool can generate XML sitemaps for both the type of blogs, a self-hosted blog with a custom domain or a blog hosted on blogger.com
Blogger Sitemap Generator
Submit Sitemaps to Google
Now you have successfully got the sitemaps for your website. But they are required to be submitted in Google Webmaster Tools so that your posts can be indexed by Google. Follow the steps below to submit your sitemaps to Google.
- Go to Google Webmaster Tools
- Add and verify your website if you have not done it already.
- Select the website you generated sitemaps for.
- Now in the left pane, select “Crawl > Sitemaps“.
- Now click the “Add/Test Sitemap” button, copy the sitemaps (one line at a time) you created with the Blogger Sitemap Generator and paste it in the input box that popped-up.
- Now click the “Submit Sitemap” button.
- Repeat the steps from 4-6 for all the sitemaps.
If you have followed all the steps carefully, then you would have already submitted all your posts in the form of sitemaps to Google. Now just wait for the Google bots to visit your site and index your posts.
You can search for “site:domain.com“, to check the pages of your website which are already present in the Google’s search index. Don’t forget to change the “domain.com” with your own domain.