While Microsoft Corporation and other designers at Microsoft appreciated Windows 8 UI a lot, many end-users discovered themselves in an inappropriate situation. The Start Button selection, rather its unavailability was obvious concern for all users. But is this an end to the use of “Start Button” altogether? Of course not, there are some brilliant alternatives which can restore Microsoft Windows Start Button to Microsoft Windows 8. The Start Button has been Microsoft’s most convenient option to quickly launch programs on the operating system.
Image Credits : Stardock.com
The new Windows 8 operating system changes the start menu with the Start screen where you will find two form of icons, the rectangles and the squares scattered all over the screen which resembles a traditional User Interface impact. While many people got tailored to the new UI, some others really went through the discomfort. For the latter, there is an awesome utility called Start8 that will give some sorts of relief. It restores the Windows 7/Vista Start Button to Windows 8. The app comes from the manufacturer none other than the dearest Stardock team. The entire team is known for bringing some of the best program remodeling apps for Windows like Windowblinds and many others. As a fan of Stardock, one can completely trust the user interface designer team.
The Start8 helps to bring back traditional Windows 7 Start Button to Windows 8 Operating System. Now users can look for Windows 8 applications from there. Not only the normal desktop applications, you can also use the start button to look for Windows 8 apps that you downloaded from Windows Store or the Metro UI apps that came pre-installed with Windows 8. You can also pin applications to the PC as well as the Start screen.
The Start button looks and acts like the genuine thing. Simply select the Start Button, and you get the same two sections with the same choices. The left board reveals the record of most used applications, and the right-click gives you the choice to pin an application completely to the top of this record. As with Windows seven, many of the applications have their own recent-files record, you can pin them too on the top of other records. And the right board gives you direct access to locations like Computer, Documents, User Files, Pictures, etc exactly as you get in Windows 7. You also get power options which can shut down, restart, sleep or hibernate the computer.
Complete Features of Start8 :
- The start menu is exactly the same as in Windows 7
- You can even search for Windows 8 applications from the search bar in start menu
- You can pin both the desktop and metro apps to the start menu with Start8
- You can skip the Windows 8 start screen and directly get to the desktop at Windows startup
- Windows 8 start screen can be easily reached from the Start menu itself
- The Windows key on your keyboard can also be customized to invoke the start screen in Windows 8 or the start menu
- You can also access the power features like Shut Down, Hibernate, Sleep and others from the start menu.
- The start menu even matches the color of the taskbar automatically.
- Start menu logo is fully customizable and any custom image can be set to be used as the logo.
- You can also disable the Windows 8 hot spots which comes useful when using Windows 8 metro apps.
- You can also make the start menu button invoke the Windows 8 metro UI in 3 different sizes.
P.S. If you did like to set up the Start Button, Start8 will be your perfect companion. The application comes as a free full version trial for 30 days. You can buy the unlimited license any time and it just costs you $5. As $5 is not a huge amount we recommend you to buy it if you are a Windows 8 user.