YouTube Options is a browser extension/script that enriches your YouTube experience manifolds. There are many annoying things in every web application or service that you will be annoyed with, and YouTube is no exception. YouTube ads are annoying and we already talked about the things you could do to remove YouTube ads. But there will be many other things you will probably want to change in YouTube and YouTube Options is something that will allow you to change them.
Various Features of YouTube Options
- It allows you to disable ads from Youtube. The in-video ads, the ads in the sidebar and the ads on homepage, all of them can be disabled with a single click.
- Disable annotations.
- It also gives an option to disable autoplay of YouTube videos.
- You can set the default display size, i.e., the size of the YouTube player.
- You can set the default resolution. This is beneficial when you are on a slow connection and you have to switch to a lower resolution for every video you watch.
- You can enable looping, which makes the video play continuously, again and again.
- You can show or hide almost every element on the YouTube’s page. You can show/hide the header, video title, comments by users, the playlist, etc.
- The favicon (displayed with the title at the top of the browser window) can be made to show the status (playing, paused or stopped) of the YouTube video.
Not only for YouTube, most of the above listed functions even work for other websites like Metacafe, Vimeo, Hulu, Dailymotion, etc.
The ads can also be removed from other websites and embedded YouTube videos by enabling the “Hide-in-video ads and annotations” option.
YouTube Options For Chrome – Full Version
The Youtube Options for Chrome also has a full version extension. This differs from the original version in the fact that it also allows you to download the Youtube videos. It adds download buttons at the bottom of the YouTube player with many formats and many different resolutions.
NOTEThe full version requires enabling developer mode in Chrome.