There is news all over about the Apple Samsung Patent War in which Apple won 5 patents out of total 6 . But do you know Apple has never done any invention (leaving apart a very few before Steve Wozniak left Apple), it has always been an innovator. They see something, copy it, make it somewhat better and tell the world they invented. And moreover they never forget to patent them, so that in future, they can sue the companies which invented it.
Who’s The Real Looser
The company that losses suffers but the common man losses more. This type of acts by Apple are killing innovation, kills competition and more over we are left with lesser options to choose from. And at the end we are left with just one company selling copied products.
What Apple Copied From Android :
1. Notifications : In iOS the notifications are displayed at the top of the screen and you can drag the drop down bar to see all the notifications. Do you think this was original ? Absolutely not. Android had it since version 1.0. And Android made it better since then and made it much better in version 3.0. The only thing Apple did was the integration of notifications into the lock screen. This does not comes built-in with Android but can surely be done with 3rd part apps.
2. Twitter Integration : Apple has solely integrated Twitter services and applications into its operating system. Original ? Yes, it is because Android and other companies can never do this stupidity. Android allows this through “Intents” which the app developer can use for any service like Facebook, Twitter, SMS or whatever service you did like to share with.
3. Tabbed Browsing In Safari : Tabbed browsing appeared in Android version 3 and also in every desktop browser
4. PC Free Syncing : iOS devices can be set-up and synced without a PC or a Mac. This could be done in Android devices 4 years ago.
5. iMessage : Chat with other device with iOS version 5 or later without loosing your SMS balance, this is what iMessage provides you with. The ides is not at all original. This can be done through Gtalk, AIM
6. Game Center : It allows you to compete with your friends in games, see their and their friend’s score, play multiplayer games online and purchase and download games. This was not built into Android but third-party apps like Zynga are doing it on iOS and Android for quite a long time.
7. Quick Responses : This allows you to end the call with an SMS. This helps the caller know the reason for not picking up the phone. This appeared in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and Apple copied it and showed up in iOS 6 in 2012.
8. Voice Typing : Voice typing was developed by Android and was there even in Android version 2.1 or may be even earlier. But it appeared in Apple iPad in 2012. So who copied it?
Some Other Things Apple Copied
Apple Design or Samsung’s : The simple rounded corners, big touch screen without keypad, large top bar for speaker and only one button (Home button) was not the design by Apple. They stole it from Samsung F700 which was release 5 months before the first iPhone.
We also got a video which shows many of the things Apple copied from many different companies of the World.
Most of the features that does not come in-built in Android are not because they can not make it, but because they want 3rd-party apps to compete for it and give the best to you. But Apple wants to integrate everything into its software and file patents.
There is also a content going on here, which is just based on a simple rule – you need to tell just one thing invented by Apple on their own (only Hardware) after Steve Wozniak left the company and you can win a SteelSeries Kana Mouse.
Have something else to say ? Do express your views in comments.