What Is Social FixerSocial Fixer is a browser extension that lets you manipulate and take control of Facebook. It gives you tons of options to customize the layout and functioning of Facebook.
Complete List Of Features Provided By Social FixerThere are many options provided by Social Fixer and I can not list all of them here. I will tell you about some major functions.
- No Password/Username Required : Social Fixer does not asks for any of your details like Facebook’s User ID or Password. It deals only with your browser and Facebook’s styling and not with your Facebook account.
- Show Large Images On Hover : You can hover over any image and Social Fixer will show you the enlarged image. This feature is provided by many other extensions but Social Fixer even displays larger images from the links.
- Hide Trending Articles and Trending Videos : Facebook nowadays shows trending articles and videos within our news feeds. I personally don’t like this behaviour of Facebook manipulating my feeds, and hence Social Fixer prrovides another option for me to hide the trending stories and videos from entering my news feeds.
- Disable Theatre View : Theatre View is the popup that comes when you open a photo. Some of you would still prefer the old photo viewer that took us to the image page instead of opening the popup.
- Change Font Sizes : You can change the font sizes for comments and posts individually. You can make them big or small as per your liking.
- Stick Blue Header : You can stick the blue header at the very top so that it will always be in the view. This is very helpful because now you don’t have to scroll to the very top every time you need to switch between the Home Page or your Profile page.
- Show Recent Stories First : Facebook by default shows Top Stories first. But if you frequently visit Facebook then chances are you would have seen most of the Top Stories already. So choosing Recent Posts is a far better choice. Social Fixer can make the process automated and can take you straight away to the Most Recent Stories every time you go to the home page.
- Tags the User Automatically When Replying : This option automatically tags the user on whose comment you are replying. This is an addition to the Facebook’s threaded comments which Facebook rolled out sometime back.
- Make Use of Empty Spaces : Facebook has a fixed width of 981px (atleast on my device). It leaves a lot of space unused, you can stretch it’s layout to cover the full screen of your device by enabling a single option in Social Fixer.
- Lock / Unlock Left Right Sidebars : Facebook typically has a 3-column layout, the left sidebar, the main content area and the right sidebar. The left sidebar scrolls with the content upon scrolling and the right scroll sticks to the right. You can make the left sidebar stick and the right sidebar scrollable from the Social Fixer options menu.
- Mark All Posts Read : Tired of seeing the same posts again and again? It’s time to hide all of them with a single button. Social feature has an amazing feature that allows you to make certain or all the current viewable posts read, which will then always be hidden from you and you will only get to see the fresh and unread posts. The hidden posts can also be made visible if you ever wish to see them.
- Unfriend Notifier : Social Fixer comes bundled with Friend Notifier feature that lets you know when someone unfriended you. This will help you track anyone who unfriends you without your consent.
- Hide Sponsored Stories : Other than Trending Articles, Facebook has also started feeding our news feeds with sponsored stories and advertisements. This is the most annoying thing for me on Facebook. The option to hide these is quite relieving.
- Old Facebook Chat : Don’t like the new chat box Facebook displays nowadays? Switch back to old popup chat box which shows only the online friends.
- Many More Themes To Choose From : Facebook has a standard blue theme and that’s quite elegant for me. But if you like different colours and want more customizations then Social Fixer also has a bunch of themes you can apply to Facebook. But remember these will be displayed only on your computer and others will see the Facebook’s default theme.
- Filter Stories : You can filter stories based on your Friends, Applications or some matching text. The stories then can be displayed in their individual tabs which makes them more manageable and easy to read.
- Hide Any Part You Don’t Like : Social Fixer provides options to hide any part of the website by just clicking on the cross buttons shown on the right top of all the elements on Facebook. Like if you don’t want the Groups section on the right to be displayed then you can just click the cross button and hide it. And it will not come back until you ask for it through Social Fixer’s options menu.
VerdictIn all Social Fixer is a no risk game play. Your ID and Password are safe. You get so many options to make your Facebook experience more worthwhile. I have been using it since more than a week and it has saved me lot of time by managing my feeds and showing larger images just by hovering over the small thumbnails. Moreover I am a big fan of old chat box so Social Fixer proved it’s worth to me. Do let me know how was you experience with Social Fixer.