Today we will be unrooting the Moto G5 Plus. If you have not rooted your phone, then you can see our tutorial on how you can root Moto G5 Plus, and how you can install Lineage OS on it. You can easily unroot your device, by following some simple steps. Make sure you initialize the commands in the exact order as given.
Unrooting the Moto G5 Plus
- First download the Stock Moto G5 ROM zip file. Make sure you download the latest one.
- Next, download and install the Motorola Device Manager. You can skip this step if you have installed it already.
- You also need Android SDK Tools, to run fastboot.
- After you download all these files, extract platform tools and the Stock Motorola ROM zip file.
- Next, open the Platform tools folder, hold the Shift key, and right-click with your mouse. Now select Open command window here.
- Switch off your mobile and restart it in Bootloader mode by pressing the Power key and the Volume Down key together.
- Next connect your mobile to your computer.
Now run these commands one by one in command prompt.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot oem fb_mode_set
- fastboot oem lock
- fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
- fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
- fastboot flash logo logo.bin
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
- fastboot flash oem oem.img
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
- fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
- fastboot erase modemst1
- fastboot erase modemst2
- fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot erase userdata
- fastboot erase customize
- fastboot erase clogo
- fastboot oem lock
- fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
- fastboot reboot
- After all these commands are completed, your phone will automatically restart.
This was the simple way to unroot your Moto G5 Plus. After unrooting and installing the stock OS on your Moto G5 Plus, you will still see the Bootloader unlocked warning. See this video to remove the bootloader unlocked warning on Moto G5 Plus.