I recently spilled water on my One Plus 3, and the fingerprint sensor stopped working. I removed the visible water as soon as possible, but the fingerprint still not responded. After reading on the internet that heating the mobile (under the sun, or using a bulb) helps, I got a bulb and started heating the mobile. I kept it for about an hour, and then had a look at it. The screen showed sign of burns, and when I turned it on, the area with the burn, was dead. Then I realized how bad heat can be for a cell phone. Now, after reading many articles and with my real-life experiences, below is the list of what you should and what you should never do when your phone becomes wet. What you should do to dry your Cell phone Remove the battery, charger, SIM, Memory card, and everything that can be easily removed. Then remove the water with a dry cloth. After removing the visible water, take some uncooked rice in a bowl, and submerge your phone and the battery (separately) in it. Leave the phone in the bowl for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours, try to start your mobile. Most probably, it will function normally. Things to Remember Rice is easily available, but silica gel is much better for soaking water. Use silica gel if you have it, else don't waste time buying it. You have to be fast, place the mobile in rice as soon as possible. If you submerged your mobile in anything that can leave particles when dried (like salt water), try to clean it with fresh water first. We don't want to leave unwanted particles inside the mobile. What you should never do when your mobile is dipped in Water Never try to heat the cell phone. Don't place it under the bulb, sunlight or microwave. The heat can melt the glue that keeps the mobile components together. Don't even use a hairdryer. It can force the water particles to go inside. Don't use Alcohol. It can dissolve the glue. If the phone doesn't work after 24 hours, take it to an authorized service center.